Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life in Fast Forward


As we ready ourselves for church, we are running in a million directions. I've had to pack stuff up to go to storage for Atlanta. I've gotten our overnight bag packed. After church,we are trekking to GA and back before morning. We've been trying not to buy new food, but to eat what we've got in the frig because of our move starting on Monday. We have dinner and lunch plans for 2 different days next week. All the while we are house sitting for 2 different supporters between now and the 11th. I don't know where to start. Sometimes I don't know if we are coming or going. But in the midst of all this, I get little pats on the back from my Father and my hubby! Early this am, Tim goes for his usual run and alone time with the Lord. When he comes back in, after all the hustling around and trying not to forget any little detail, he's smiling. He is almost giddy. He's flirty and even a little skippy. You see our life is hectic, right now. Our life is changing and turning and growing into something unrecognizable...to us. Usually this would stress me out! I want control, balance, stability. Seeing Tim smile and hearing him sing to himself when he thinks no one is around is all just witnessing his faith. He sees only God in the drivers seat. He's resigned to do whatever is asked of him. His encouragement lifts me up on a day that I may need it. Tomorrow may be the day that I do this for him, but today he's bringing the Holy Spirit into whatever room he enters. This is how we can keep going. Does someone do that for you? Does God show up in the lives of those around you to propel you forward into a fresh new view of Him in your life? Today I am challenged to get filled up so that tomorrow, I can be in that position. I challenge you to do the same. Get so close to God that he shines through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment